Tuesday 16 July 2013

Troy's Wedding

I've managed 2hrs 45mins playing time this week, plus a stint at the usual session. I'm not going to get much playing in this week because an event at work means I'm getting back late, and very hot and very tired. When I played yesterday I was very tired and was impressed at how many tunes I can practically now play in my sleep.

I've had Morag out this week. She felt more comfortable than the last time I tried, but still needing a lot of air. At one point I got no air out of the chanter at all and when I pulled it out I discovered a piece of fluff lodged in the top of the reed. I've pulled most of it out, but there is a small piece still in there which is dulling the sound.

I also played with my drones at the session. As I've noted before I flap about at home worrying about this, that and the other. In a session I just pick up the pipes and play, and playing with drones was fine, it was comfortable, the drones sounded good. I need to play with them more at home.

My three short tunes still only almost there. Still trying to decide if they work as a set. I listened to Single Track Road Trip for the first time in ages and discovered that they play Magersfontein with Lochanside. I haven't played Lochanside for ages and am not convinced the dots I found are quite what I had before. I keep ending up running in to My Home Town instead, but I don't think that will actually go with Magersfontein.

I'm still struggling to memorise Troy and having very little luck with Fiddler and Alick. The recording is Troy. I played it through really well a few times and then got the recorder out, which was of course where things went haywire.



Check this out on Chirbit

No comments:

Post a Comment