Tuesday 18 November 2014

These dry bones

(Tate Gallery http://www.tate.org.uk/art/artworks/bowler-the-doubt-can-these-dry-bones-live-n03592)

I suddenly felt better today. Not in that still-not-well-but-less-unwell-than-I-was way, but a real feeling well sort of way. I went to work, came home, popped in to the village, cooked dinner, wiped round the kitchen, stacked the dishwasher, wrote a letter...thought about piping. Got my pipes out.

I had a horrible worry that I would have forgotten how to play, forgotten all my tunes. So I decided I'd just try 10 minutes while dinner was in the oven, assuming it would go badly, but at least I'd be back in the saddle.

So I tried and..it was fine! It was good. It felt great to be playing again. I remembered some tunes, I played with dots, I played until I really did need to get dinner out of the oven. The Dragon appeared in its full glory, slow, with a swing, and a flurry of simple grace notes in the second part. Miss Girdle did her thing.

I really have to get back in to a regular habit. Hopeless to say daily during December with Xmas intervening and we'll be away for some of it, staying with folk who really don't care for pipes. Let's go for 4 times a week, starting this week, and taking Monday as the start. So three more times to play between now and Sunday. It's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment