Friday 4 November 2016

Curioser and curioser

These are things for which I have no explanation.

Today, despite strapping in as usual, I cannot keep my pipes in place: drones slips down over my bust, bellows slip down my elbow, and everything feels as thought it is heading towards the floor. My fingers, way too tight on the chanter, so I feel I am prising them away for each note, suddenly hit that soft perfection whee they bounce effortlessly. Despite all this I get the buzz....

I'm also at a loss to know why the version of The Road to the Isles or Burning Sands of Egypt printed in The Piper's Delight is described as being "as arranged for the pipes." It's a pipe tune, written for pipes, so how can it be "arranged" for pipes?

Less mysterious, but equally irritating, has been my failure to find a video of pipes playing The Braemar Gathering. Youtube of course just finds me videos of pipes playing at the Braemar Gathering. Luckily, I remembered that it's on Even in the Rain. 


No comments:

Post a Comment