Thursday 8 May 2014

Plan of action

Heights of Dargai is my first target. I had it just about by heart, then haven't played it for while. Played pretty much nothing else this evening, on one chanter then the other, working on the grace notes. Can't say it went that well. I've hit that odd stage where some of it is fine, then I suddenly get stuck on a single bar which I get wrong over and over. Grace notes that I work hard to round up elude my grasp when I actually play the tune through.

But I've got it in my head, now, and may listen to James Duncan playing it in a minute, if I can be bothered to get off the sofa and find the CD. It won't take long to learn.

Not sure where I'll head next, potentially Captain Grant, Murray and the Dragon, which I know really. I think they are short enough to work on as a set, and learn in one go, as I did with the Nova Scotia set. To some extent I already know them - I certainly thought I had them back in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment