Sunday 6 July 2014

You hum it....

I sat down today with a tune clear in my mind. It's still there. I am pretty sure it is Castle Dangerous, which I've had nothing whatsoever to do with for months. I vaguely thought it began with a throw on D, so began there and went straight in to My Home Town and then various other of the usual suspects, plus the tunes still being worked on, where I wondered if the Cudgel ought to come before the Pickle or whether they actually didn't belong together at all. But Castle Dangerous, or whatever it is, would not come...

I'm not sure why that tune is in my head. I was expecting any stray tune to be Teribus, having read yesterday about the Common Riding at Howick, where Teribus is apparently their local anthem (but whether they are the same Teribus I know not).

Wondering when I might last have played Castle it occurred to me that it would be useful to tag all my tunes and as I have - as I have so often mentioned - endless spare hours in the day and nothing to fill them with, I think I'll do just that.

Updated to add - scrap that. Turns out there is a limit on total characters for all tags and I've exceeded it with the first half dozen tunes. :-( I guess I could make a post to link to each tune mention....

No comments:

Post a Comment