Monday 18 May 2015

Panacea

Roll up! Roll up! Ladies and gentlemen, prepare youselves to see a miracle! The Pipe Doctor is here to cure all your ills!

Did you plant out squash and sweetcorn the day before howling tempests, sleet and rain struck? Did you cancel a planned holiday because your boss wouldn't let you take leave? Did you work out that thanks to timings of your least favourite work task you won't get to have any leave next year? Has the public library catalogue been down all weekend preventing you requesting books? Did you get stuck half way through the crossword? Did you send your sister a sub-standard birthday card because you couldn't find a really nice one anywhere? Do you seem to have been struck down with adult-onset hayfever for no reason at all? Just 30 minutes with the Pipe Doctor will cure these ills!

Yes, I know, first world problems. I enjoyed playing. It just about took my mind off things. But I'm still really cross about the cancelled holiday. We were going to Ireland to play music and see really nice people.

(Braemar Gathering doing OK except for one phrase that keeps getting mangled, got the 4th part of Troy, but the 3rd part still gives me problems and I end up clutching tight on my chanter. Still only two parts to Father Macmillan.)

No comments:

Post a Comment