Friday 17 June 2016

Spoke too soon

When I played yesterday I thought that the Bee was back. It appears it was only passing through as today I haven't a clue how it goes. I can't even conjure it up with the old trick of starting on the B part: not a single note will come to me.

This evening I decided to play a token tune or two, not really feeling in the mood. However, once I started everything fell into place, tunes fell out of my fingers and I only gave up after an hour once my bellows elbow started to ache (which I am blaming on the knitting project rather than the piping.)

Before I stopped I thought I'd try McIntyre's Farewell, which I used to play at sessions, although it's not a tune that tne fan is keen on. Various bars came back, but no more, so I headed to the bookshelf, humming as I went. As soon as I saw the Barry Shears book I knew it wasn't the one I wanted because the tune I was humming was Creeks. Despite previous comments  I do apparently know the tune, can hum it, and can play pretty much all of it. What I can't play, even with the dots, is McIntyre's Farewell, because everytime I try it morphs into the Creeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment