Saturday 18 June 2016

When you change with every new day

I thought that while I was polishing that perhaps Dargai could do with a quick buff up, so I played that, followed by Flett and Bee. Yes, Bee. I had to give it a poke, but there it was, without the new grace at the very first point, but thereafter note perfect.

Then I started humming and played a few bars, and then an entire A part of Flanders, having pretty much given it up for dead. I didn't go looking for the B part, because really I had been in search of Creeks. I couldn't find them. Gone. What I found instead was McIntyre's Farewell, like the Bee, note perfect and in full despite its prolonged absence. I stuck the Captn on the end.

I shall wait with interest to see which tunes materialise tomorrow. I suspect that McIntyre and Creeks, perhaps because they share 2 or 3 opening notes, will be one of those odd pairs that cancel each other out so that I can never hold them both in my head at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment