Thursday 21 July 2016

As you were

I haven't played for a while. As ever I have nothing much else to show for the lapse: still only on row 69 of the endless knitting project, weeds flourishing at the allotment, can't remember when I last completed a crossword, although I have been reading quite a lot of late.

Whatever the reason it's about two weeks since I last strapped on my pipes so I did so this evening with some trepidation. I worried that my new tunes might have melted in the recent heat, and that those I had polished would have tarnished.

As it turned out the first tune that came to my fingers was Flanders, which I thought I had forgotten entirely. After that everything came tumbling out: Perth, Valery, Vittoria, Flett, Dargai, Home Town, Sleat, Bonnie Galloway, Father John, Whaling Song. I had a couple of glitches in Women and Bee, which also needed a couple of goes to start it, but everything else seemed pretty much as I had left it. I even got the buzz....

No comments:

Post a Comment