Thursday 7 July 2016

You win some

The fan was a bit late home this evening, and, as often seems to happen when he's late, I was able to leave early. Still, it gave me a bit of piping time, unhurried by dinner on the hob.

All my tunes were there, including Flanders. Bellows were awkward again, so that I have to shrug them round my body as I play. I don't seem to be leaning my wrist on them, but I get tingling and numbness in the little finger of my right hand. I also feel as though my piles are slipping down, and in fact they sometimes do slip and then stock and drones press uncomfortably on my front.

Despite this I got the buzz this evening, and the chanter felt alive under my fingers. It doesn't seem to affect, or be affected by, how I play, but it does gladden my heart.

Andy has been winning some. Hope he can avoid losing some.

No comments:

Post a Comment