Wednesday 13 November 2013

Identity parade

I don't often seem to have tunes in my head these days, which is a shame. However, there was definitely one rattling round my head today. It seemed rather familiar and I was pretty sure it had escaped from the Desperate Battle of the Birds. The problem was that once I was in the car, playing the CD, all the tunes were familiar, but I couldn't quite picture *my* tune. I thought I would know it when I heard it, but apparently not.

I thought I recognised Battle of the Somme when we went to see Anna and Mairearad on Monday, but it turned out to be Ellie's March. It was a very good evening. I'm not the world's biggest box fan (OK, I'm pretty much allergic to boxes, with exceptions given for Dermot Byrne and Simon Thoumire - always assuming a concertina counts as a box) but I do love jokes, musicians having fun, great guitar work and good tunes. My only disappointment was that the fiddle and pipes only made one brief appearance apiece. More pipes on the CD, luckily.

No comments:

Post a Comment