Tuesday 9 September 2014

House session the sequel

Is it a house session when you play at home with your other half? While there is a lull in band practice the fan and I thought we'd play a few tunes together. We slung together Magersfontein with Flett. The fan is keen to have the Irishman's Cudgel to end, but it's really not in a fit state to be seen out. Work needed. Then Dargai and Bee, which I already play together, but could I not play faster, he asked. Possibly. Work needed.

The fan insisted I play with drones. I should do this more: I am out of practice (let's not even think about the A chanter at this point). Between drones and the fan pulling out his amp I had half an ear in case our occasional neighbour should hoof it don the stairs to complain about the noise.

The ostensible purpose of this is to allow the fan to work up some basic accompaniment for session, but he keeps thinking about opening bits he could play, then I could follow in. In a session, says I, sceptical.  He mentions friends we might play to. Of course. But I rather think the fan is planning a wildly optimistic future where a less incompetent smallpiper, shorn of all vestiges of stage fright, tours the smallest folk venues in the country... Watch this space!!

No comments:

Post a Comment