Monday 9 March 2015

Tipping point


I’ve been playing Miss G, over and over, round and round, with dots and without, on her own, with other tunes. I’ve been playing fast and slow. The fast is getting faster, but it’s lacking the rhythm and the gracing of the slow. It also has some nasty crossing notes. 

What I haven’t yet worked out is the speed at which slows tips into fast and the grace notes vanish and the different between long and short notes becomes infinitesimal (or possibly non-existent). Nor do I know if there is a fixed point at which slow, with its rhythm and gracing, becomes fast, or whether it’s movable, so that eventually I will be fast with rhythm and gracing.


Father John is definitely slow, and almost fully graced. I’ve hummed it once or twice, but generally struggle to bring it to mid at all. Not sure why. It’s a lovely tune, both to listen to and to play. I need to dig out Synergy and do some serious listening. 



No comments:

Post a Comment