Sunday 6 December 2015

Thin on the ground

Another skimpy session. This time the third was another piper, so we had three soloists to all intents, although the fan and the piper could play with me often one or other of them was on their own. We were joined by a singer, but the lack of joint repertoire meant that didn't help much.

I tried out Women, who started too fast so I made a hash of starting Sleat. I tried and failed with it again later on. The fan approved the new pairing of Magersfontein and Heroes. I never have enough tunes, I feel. I never play well enough for my own satisfaction, althouh the few pub-goers were appreciative enough with their applause. Several sat outside, on and evening in December! It was perfectly mild. It's not right, though, not right at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment