Monday 29 February 2016

Accidental

I didn't start this month with the intention of playing daily, but somehow or other it just happened, bar one day. I have just been in the mood to play and to learn new tunes. The fan yesterday simultaneously chided me for trying to learn too many new tunes at once and handed me another.

I'm partly wondering whether I will learn new tunes faster if everything I play is new and my brain is therefore always in learning mode, but it's also just that the tunes I love and want to play at the moment are all new tunes. I wish that I could say that two whole months of daily piping have brought my playing on in leaps and bounds, that I have learned a pile of tunes, but that's sadly not true.  I am not even sure if I have formed a permanent habit. But I've enjoyed myself, and that's surely the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment