Saturday 9 April 2016

Fortune cookie

It's damp and grey, so indoor pursuits are on the agenda for today. I've written letters, done a pile of ironing, wiped round the kitchen, run some washing, cooked lunch...but feel no inclination to pipe.

I'm thinking about Hector the Hero a lot. It was one of my early tunes, not played in years, but the flautist played it at the session on Sunday and it sounded good. I didn't join in, mostly because although I knew the tune was familiar I could't name it, I'm not sure if I actually know it well enough to play, and, my usual problem, that I had no idea if it was being played in "my" key.

I've also been listening to a new CD of Scottish fiddle music, which includes a few pipe sets, one actually with some pipes.

We've been away this week. We ate Chinese one evening. There were fortune cookies. My fortune said "just try your best". It feels like sage advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment