Tuesday 2 April 2013

Disaster

Ok, maybe not a disaster, just a minor setback, but it felt like a disaster when I heard. Due to the Easter holiday the engraver (the person engraving beautiful Celtic knots on  the Monkey’s ferules) hasn’t been able to finish in time for Mr Kinnear to complete the pipes between now and next week when I was scheduled to go up. I’m now hoping to go for the May Day Bank Holiday weekend, which is just over a month away.

In the meantime someone I know from the Forrester’s session has written a tune that he thinks would sound particularly nice if Morag played it. He has heard Morag, and clearly admires her, which is nice, but his tune contains three unplayable notes as far as Morag is concerned. Only two will be unplayable by the Monkey... I need to play around with it and see what Morag can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment