Wednesday 24 April 2013

Down the drain

I fiddled around with the bigger recorder again this evening. Several checks with the fan to work out which random button to press when. Fouled up several goes at Flett, but then managed to bag the Tree, twice over (I think - I lost count) plus the Rocks (twice only, because I didn't want to push my luck). Then the fan came to show me how to master the track down and...not a sausage. Apparently there was an extra button to hit before I hit record, so all effort was wasted. I think I'll be going back to the small recorder, uploading to the fan's PC (because my laptop really prefers not to speak to it), and probably then emailing it to myself so I can put it into Chirbit from my laptop.

I saw someone from the Foresters session at work today, and they kindly said I had improved. I don't know that I'm any better a player, it's just that my stage fright is abating and my repertoire increasing. Very recently I felt how nice it was to have a bigger repertoire to be able to have a choice of things to play at a session, but I do feel some new tunes would be nice. (I'm listening to Tryst and being reminded of how lovely the Boy's Lament is). However, I don't want my "old" tunes to fall into desuetude, as they seem to, all too quickly. So this evening I've played sets where possible (Galloway/Teribus and Tree/Rocks), some tunes I've played three times through (Home) and others I've just scooted through once to keep them going (Banks, Castle, King, Waterloo). Mysteriously, Home and the King, are now both note perfect, and the odd bars which I've had a total blank on of late just reappearing.

Still airflow problems. Some of it is too much bellows action, but I know I'm not being too slack on the bag arm because my muscles ache.

No comments:

Post a Comment