Wednesday 3 April 2013

Making matters worse

Yesterday evening I got out the hemp and scissors and blocks of wood and went about a bit of maintenance. The bass drone is a pain to collapse now - and it has to collapse to fit in the case. And then, naturally, tuning the darned thing is now also a trial of strength.

I also have to report that it has made no difference at all for Morag's insatiable thirst for air, and it seems to have transformed the middle drone's voice from a wavery whine to a whisper: it sounds like a rather small and elderly animal breathing its last.

Still, the Battle is coming on nicely, the King is easy enough when I'm not busy being star struck, Teribus is doable when I'm not asleep on my feet, and I even managed a run through of the Atholl Highlanders (three parts only).

I'm trying to decide what my first tune with the Monkey will be... It's like the fabled first dance at a wedding. I need to get it right.

The fan (or, more accurately, the band) is now on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment