Tuesday 13 October 2015

Chocks away

I've been thinking of late that I am hanging on to dots for too long and allowing myself to get dependant upon them. So this evening, as the Women had come back during the day, I decided throw caution (or dots) to the wind and just go for it. The A part is there already and the B part is there in parts, with confusion over the first second versons of the B. So really I've only been playing it a couple of days and it's half memorised already. Ok, so I had a head start with knowing the tune, but I had been worrying lately about how slowly I was picking tunes up. I think my experience with Braemar and Troy both show that I need to throw off the dots and not lean on them.

Sleat is still troublesome with the variations in the 2nd and 4th parts getting themselves swapped over. Braemar needs a bit more control, a more even tempo. Troy needs more confidence. John Macmillan needs me to listen to it a bit more, but is generally good.

No comments:

Post a Comment