Sunday 4 October 2015

Missing you already

I'm glad that the month ended on Wednesday. Thursday was another long and stressful day in a long and stressful week and I was really glad not to have to fit in any piping, even with the fan cooking dinner. Friday evening was given over to the shopping, cleaning, tidying and arranging that is preparatory to hosting weekend house guests.

Saturday morning was more of the same, and then once everything was ready and I had only to sit and wait I picked up a book, then put it down and pulled out my pipes instead. I had a good 20 mins playing time, that ended with a round of applause from guests, who had been admitted by the fan: I hadn't heard the doorbell!

Twenty minutes of tunes old and new. I do need to have another look at the dots for Sleat as there are a couple of places where I am not confident that I have got it quite right. I had been humming Whaling Song, which has nice drops, pauses, swoops and snaps which I was convinced I wasn't playing, but when I listened to myself I was indeed playing the same nice version that I had been humming.

Troy just needs a bit more confidence, a more relaxed attitude. I've got into the habit of feeling I can't play and now that I can I reel between over-hesitancy, tense fingers, and way too much speed.

This evening is a session and I hope to try out a new tune or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment