Sunday 4 October 2015

Sunday session

We were a bit thin on the ground, but still managed to muster three pipers. We were also badly placed, hemmed in between the gents, the ladies and the door and endless trails of smokers and the weak-bladdered. Still, it was a decent enough evening.

My playing was patchy. I blame hunger as the anticipated large lunch turned out to be a toasted sandwich. I struggled to remember which tunes I play: I must make myself a little list.

The opener - Heights of Dargai
The old favourite - My Home Town (everyone joined in)
The long shot - Father Johns's Boat Trip (well-received and everyone joined in with the second tune)
The odd one - Magersfontein/Flett - people join in with Flett, but Magersfontein continues to throw them
The old faithful  The Rowan Tree (which some joined in for and which I mucked up quite badly!)

No comments:

Post a Comment