Tuesday 20 October 2015

Women on my mind

Well, it's no longer summertime (despite the blue skies it has been serious knitwear weather today) but I've still got women on my mind. They wandered back mid-morning and stayed all day.

I did wonder if they looked a little plain so I have been working on some gracing, a doubling on B before a strike on B, a grip in the first gap between two high As in the second B part. I thought that might be tricky. It's the kind of serious grace I haven't used in a while, but I like the effect and actually it's easy enough and the speed came very quickly. I say it's easy but I think I am dropping down only to low A instead of low G, and I blame cold fingers, meaning not very flexible fingers, and not very good placement of fingers over holes.

I tried again to introduce the women to Flett and the Heroes, but that induced such a fit of the sulks that I had to go on to Braemar and Troy.

I stopped there: cold hands, the bellows feeling airless, no buzz at all in the chanter.  I should get Women sorted soon: just as long as they don't vanish again.

No comments:

Post a Comment