Thursday 19 September 2013

Mixing it up

I played in A this evening, with and without drones and with some or all drones. It's surely not that long since I last played A, but drones took some getting used to again. I actually made the finger adjustment quickly, and I think it would have been quicker only I was fresh form the allotment (as it were) and my hands were cold and damp.

I played the Farewell, mostly, then swapped to D, with drones, for the Farewell, without drones to work through Magersfontein which I love but which is unreliable, to say the least. Then Troy. A, B and C reasonably - A and B at a good speed. C still proving much harder and then I fiddled about and managed the second half of the D part. The last four bars are the same as the last four of the repeat of the B, and the rest I had got by dint of repeating two bars over and over yesterday. The remaining two are one of the repeated endings. There really are only four bars left to get, which I have been repeating over and over, mostly on my chanter. I'm enjoying having my chanter back.

I also tried to pick up The New House in St Peter's, without a huge amount of success - I perhaps got the first few bars. The fan suggests putting the CD in the car and setting it on repeat as I travel to work and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment