Monday 16 September 2013

Moving on

Yesterday I did another pre-session warm up. Monkey in A with drones. Not going well. All the usual complaints. The session went sedately round with each taking their turn, and I skipped my first turn. Second time round I played Flett - in D. It was OK. Some nerves: I've played in the venue before, and I knew some of the people. I guess having another piper there makes me more nervous: she's going to spot every last mistake. But I played on through my mistakes, fudged over them, finished in one piece.

A bit later on I tried the Whaling Song. I did it because I was asked to play - Vicki had not long played a corker of a set including Troy's Wedding and I was feeling musically humbled (not to say depressed). It went down well, though, and I reduced my fluff rate, other than spectacularly missing out an entire B part repeat...

I was going to call it quits then, because it was late, but as people started to drift away I thought I'd have one last go with the Rowan Tree, quietly, on my own, with no one noticingThe fan joined in on bouzouki, as he always does, but I also had some percussion, a nyckelharpa, a flute, a fiddle and piano accordion pitching in. And it was great! Everything went well, I could hear the music clearly, I was able to look around at people, I kept my nerve, it sounded good, and I really enjoyed it.

Glitch over, I think. Let's move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment