Wednesday 18 September 2013

The long engagement

I was idly reading some old blog posts earlier and I note that I have been working on Troy's Wedding since March. Yes, really - March - over six months ago. And I can't have started then because I'm already talking about being able to pick out a few notes. So why is it that all this time later I still only have the A and B, the C sometimes, and bits of the D? I think I'm probably faster at playing it with dots, but it's not a spectacular speed. It's not what you'd call serious progress.

The fan says its not an easy tune to learn, but six whole months, when I can can polish off a short Breton tune in a matter of days? Even taking into account the higher complexity of longer tunes it's utterly infuriating and frustrating that I can't pick this up. I will. I will persevere. I'll get this darned reluctant tune to the altar, one of these days.


No comments:

Post a Comment