Tuesday 4 February 2014

New tunes for old

I recorded this on Sunday - My Home Town. This is now a regular on my play list so there should be improvement since last I recorded this tune.

Sound quality is poor, not helped by lack of drones. I really must get back to drones.

I think the throw on D is cleaner than it was. Still room for improvement. Some of the difference is between D and A. Heavens, the drones are wavery on that earlier recording: really bad. Some phrases are rushed, some are garbled. The whole thing feels a bit rushed.

This new version is more sedate, more relaxed. Some nice gracing in there. Am I playing the B faster than the A? Do I speed up generally as the tune goes on? I think so. Slight change of tone in the last set of repeats. Not sure if the chanter was coming lose at that point. Nice clean finish. Start (not edited at all) not too tatty. It's OK, actually. Not bad for a beginner!



Check this out on Chirbit

No comments:

Post a Comment