Thursday 20 February 2014

The goat and monkey

We went out on the spur of the moment to a local acoustic session, the fan and I. It was lively, and mixed in terms of styles, abilities etc. Alarmingly it was organised in a taking turns round the table sort of way, which meant I had to get organised. I was a little worried about stage fright and a little worried because my drones have been sadly neglected.

Luckily the drones weren't too much of an issue, and the stage fright didn't get past making my hands stiff and shaky. I managed to scrape through the Tree, Home Town, McIntyre's Farewell and Flett. Slight mishap during Flett due to the connector coming out - my own fault entirely for sitting badly. McIntyre I think I missed out an A part, but otherwise not bad for a first outing.

I was supported by the fan and the fiddle player from the band on the first two, but was pretty much on my own for the others. The fan says we must play together so he can work on accompaniments.

No comments:

Post a Comment