Tuesday 3 November 2015

Gimme five

I wasn't really intending to play, but got hit by the urge as I slid dinner into the oven. Women, Sleat, Heroes, Braemar and Troy. Heroes and Braemar I hoped would make a pairing, but they won't. Did a little work on that A, D grace, C movement in Braemar that I had and have since lost, but otherwise just straight play throughs. I need to keep up with Troy: it has a terrible tendency to fall apart very quickly. Today I couldn't get the third part to behave.

I really should pick another new tune, although I am also attempted to go back over one of the (very many) previously tried and abandoned tunes, in the hope that for some of them their time has come. Some I didn't like as much in the playing as in the hearing, but some fell by the wayside due to my lack of competence, especially when it came to speed, and it's those that I can perhaps resurrect.

No comments:

Post a Comment