Thursday 12 November 2015

The dog ate my homework

I meant to play this week; I certainly never intended not to play. But on on Monday I left work 2 hours late, thanks to a meeting, and by the time I got home and rushed to the shop for a vital ingredient it was time for dinner, and afterwards...well, dinner and a large strap round your middle don't make a good mix, and I was too tired.

On Tuesday I left work an hour and forty minutes later than usual, hit traffic and added 50% to my travel time, got home, cooked dinner...

Wednesday I left work just an hour after my usual time, so a bit of progress. Unfortunately an accident on the route home meant I nearly trebled my usual travel time, got home, cooked dinner....

On Thursday things were different. I left work at around my usual time, added only 5 or 10 minutes to my usual journey time, got home, and was just putting dinner in the oven and preparing to fetch my pipes when the fan announced he had serious computer problems. So the evening has been lost to reboots, safe modes, last known good configurations and system restores and the blasted PC still won't boot up properly.

Tomorrow I am going to be in need of a system restore myself, which will certainly involve a glass of red wine and may or may not include pipes.

(Just editing this to note that it's my 500th blog post!)

No comments:

Post a Comment