Sunday 1 November 2015

Putting my money where my mouth is

This evening the drummer joined us at the session. And that was it: just him, me and the fan. So I had to pull put all the stops and put my new list into action.

I ran through all the singletons. As Father John didn't make it to Nova Scotia (my first attempt at a three tune set in public) I tried, and failed, to tag the Captn on to the end, and ended up playing it, rather too fast, on its own.

I fluffed (I did a lot of fluffing as nerves came and went) my way through Women, but didn't attempt either Sleat or Braemar, the one because I didn't think I was up to it and the second because I simply couldn't remember how it went.

Still, with the fan leading the other half, or probably two thirds, of the evening, we managed an hour and a half, ending with the audience clapping in time through the King.

I think I maybe getting the hang of this music stuff at last....

No comments:

Post a Comment