Friday 30 November 2012

How Time Flies

First posted May 3rd, 2012 by newpiper


Going well this evening! The fan is out so I’m not competing for air space (I can’t concentrate while I can hear him fiddling in the next room...and I’m not quite sure how much our neighbours would appreciate stereophonic music practice). I don’t feel I need to put in a straight hour and then stop – I can come and go, have a cold drink in the middle (I’m sure the several degrees piping adds to your overall body temperature must be a contributing factor to their popularity in the frozen wastes of Scotland!)


Anyway, working at the Roros Polskan tonight, as there’s a Scandi session coming up. The speedy run down is not speedy and I’m getting horrible crossing noises coming on and off the G. Have been practising just those changes (something else best done when you’re alone in the house). That Tune doing nicely - quite pleased. Atholl Highlanders, parts one and two only, still slow, but mainly dotless. Much more work needed. No recorder!! The fan must have taken it with him. He’s gone to a new session so I guess he’s hoping to pick up some new tunes.


Long weekend on the horizon, and the yarn for my next knitting project hasn’t arrived, so I hope to get plenty of practice.


Yikes – I know I’ve been fiddling around on the internet and making cups of tea between tunes, but I’ve clocked up the best part of 2 hours tonight! Doesn’t time fly...

No comments:

Post a Comment