Friday 30 November 2012

Pre-session Warm-up

First posted Mar 11th, 2012 by newpiper


So, not going too badly today. The fan has gone out to rehearse and then off to a session, so I thought I’d trundle along to Swan’s Second Sunday Scandi Session at the Swan this evening and have been doing a spot of warming up before I go.


I made the mistake of going down the allotment to do a spot of digging earlier. As I've already noted this doesn't sit well with piping. Actually, it’s not too bad: my main problem today is the bellows strap rubbing on the inside of my elbow, but I can’t deny that my arms are tired and for some reason my fingers do not want to play The Golden Birch. Leaving Friday Harbor, on the other hand, is coming on nicely. I've also gone back to Hector the Hero, after quite a break. I love this tune, but, whisper it, I think it probably belongs on Great Highland Pipes. 

I think I've got the timing better now. I tried to play along with Vicki (Scatter Pipers), but the usual problem: in order to get the CD loud enough for me to hear it over the pipes half the street is going to get treated, too. 

I also meant to go back to the tutor, forgetting that the disk drive on the PC is kaput. Blast and botheration.
Anyway – an hour or two until I need to leave so I may have another go, or I may conserve my energy until I get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment