Sunday 3 March 2013

Cheating

I went up to London yesterday. I went out humming the Heights and came back humming Cheek to Cheek. I didn't play at all...

Today I've been working on the heights again. I've noticed that my supposed GDE on the A's is actually GDG. I think G is just more natural - I play it a lot more often. So I've had to stop and watch my fingers and play it over and over. I know that on Teribus for the grips where I should be dropping right down to G I'm somehow only making it as far as A. Work needed there.

Also played the Rocks and the Banks and the King and tried to go round twice or more, not stopping when I made mistakes, but just going round and round. I think accuracy on the Rocks is improving, if I slow it down a little, but the Banks still needs work.

Towards the end I thought I'd just try a bit of Heights without dots and discovered that actually the first three parts I can pretty nearly do, which was a nice surprise. Then I found myself humming something familiar, wondering what it was, picking it out on the pipes...and realising I was playing Troy's Wedding.

The cheat is in the recording because I didn't record today and so this is one of the batch from Friday. Seemed a shame to waste them. It's the Barren Rocks of Aden, on their own. Also recorded 21st Feb with Bonnie Galloway when Galloway was OK although the tempo seems to vary a bit, and the Rocks are too fast for me to play comfortably - I almost immediately slow down and need to find my way, then I slur and elide notes and the tempo is shot. Also recorded on 29th December where I started very slow, speeded right up, slowed down, speeded up... Patchy indeed.

As to this version. More even tempo, but it still comes and goes a bit. Do you hear the awful wavery drones. Mistakes aplenty. Better? Actually - go back to this version (don't ask how long ago) and the improvement is big, isn't it?



Check this out on Chirbit

No comments:

Post a Comment