Thursday 7 March 2013

Ready made

Here is the last of the recordings I made last week. It's the King again. Like the others from the same day I speed up where I am feeling confident, but generally the tempo is even, I think. Some mistakes. A version from February (not so bad, but more mistakes than this versions) and January (slow, and lacking that marching gait, that swing, not to mention that considering I had dots it's not even that accurate) to compare with.

Today I've been working on the Heights, Troy (both still need work on the GDE on the triple As), Flett and Banks (which just gets worse and worse - it's the very simple gracing that throws me for some reason - its only G all through and I keep missing half of them). Also played the King and the Tree. I love the Tree: I feel I could almost drift off to sleep playing it, it's so soothing.

I've also been listening to Enlightenment again - in the car this time, with enough distractions that I can mentally block out the accompanying keyboards and focus on the pipes. I've enjoyed it more this time round. In style he reminds more of Vicki Swan than Iain MacInnes. I'm not sure if that't the repertoire or the arrangements or something else.

Morag has an outing without me tomorrow. She's going to school to help some children find out about traditional music. They'll be looking at her rather than listening to her. Hope she'll be OK.


Check this out on Chirbit

No comments:

Post a Comment