Wednesday 13 March 2013

Over and over

I ignored Monday's note to self and cooked and piped again today. The problem is that if I pipe before I cook I've got an eye on the clock always so can't relax, and dinner ends up being late. After cooking it's time to eat, and then time to sit in peace for bit, and then it's too late because I'm tired. Trying to pipe and cook I get too hot, forget key ingredients, and generally muck up the timing. I think dinner is in one piece this evening, just delayed by a good 20 minutes.

However, let's talk music. I was humming Flett this morning, but then lost it and wasn't sure I could play it this evening. I managed it. Not right first time, and not right every time, and still only the A part, but I've just played it over and over, correcting myself as I went along, not once referring to dots. It felt good. I threw in Home Town and Rowan Tree for a bit of light relief, but just kept on and on. B part next.


No comments:

Post a Comment