Tuesday 13 August 2013

Clock watching

I've been making a note of when I play and how long for. But it's odd, because other than at work, where lunchtime and home time are the two highlights of my day, I'm not a clock watcher. Generally I start something I fancy doing (visiting the plot, reading a book, doing some knitting) and I stop when I've had enough, or something aches, or I remember something pressing I ought to be doing.

I sometimes wish I'd had more time to do something, or very rarely feel I ought to have done more (when I've left the allotment still looking weedy and untidy, or I am knitting for a baby that's likely to arrive before the knitting is done) but generally I just do as much as I want. Why not with pipes?

I think it's to do with the mythical 10,000 hours for mastery, and then my recent discovery that I'd put on a spurt and leapt from 60 hours to nearly 80.

I felt then I'd like to make it to 100, which would feel like a bit of a milestone. I'll have a tot up, but really, I must stop clock watching and just play.

For the record, just 20 minutes today as I was on kitchen duty. I played A - I must play more often. I must also get back to drones. I had them off while I was learning tunes, but am just sticking to playing without, which isn't good.

No comments:

Post a Comment