Saturday 10 August 2013

Milestones

I've been rather bad on this blog at noting milestones. Maybe I've been too busy rushing ahead to the glorious future, in which I am a real piper, to notice the road along the way. I did. of course, note the arrival of the Monkey, but I still don't know when Morag's birthday is. I've even passed 100 blog post, 200 blog posts, over 2000 pageviews (hello world!) without marking those milestones in any way.

I'm atoning slightly today. I've added "milestones" as a post label, noting my first session, first tune by heart etc. I'm also going to say that it's about three years since I first bought my practice chanter. I say "about" because it was August, and we were in Edinburgh, but I don't know the exact dates. I'm not sure how or why I ended up in the shop or why I let the fan persuade me into buying a goose. I ended up using just the chanter from it, later upgrading my chanter when I felt this was something I would stick at. When did I reach that milestone? Who knows...

No comments:

Post a Comment