Wednesday 21 August 2013

Play list update for August

Finally I feel it's time to add some titles to my play list. I'm a little worried because several tunes seem to be falling off the bottom. I'm not sure if that's because actually I didn't really like them as much as I like the new tunes, or whether it's just what I happen to feel like playing at the moment - Bonnie Galloway, for instance has usurped The Rowan Tree as my go to tune for when I have no brain or just want to feel totally relaxed when playing. My worry is that I will only ever be able to remember a dozen tunes and the more I cram in one end the more they will fall out the other...

Tunes I can play without dots
  • The Atholl Highlanders (rare) 
  • Banks of Allen (very rare)
  • Battle of the Somme
  • Battle of Waterloo (rare)
  • Bonnie Galloway (my current go to tune)
  • The Boy's Lament for His Dragon (with a tendency to go to fast and garble it)
  • The Barren Rocks of Aden (same problem as the Dragon)
  • Castle Dangerous
  • Eagle's Whistle (very rare)
  • Flett from Flotta (I play this a lot)
  • The Highland Brigade at Magersfontein
  • The March of the King of Laoise (Still lets me down from time to time...)
  • My Home Town
  • The Rowan Tree
  • South Georgia Whaling Song
  • Teribus (the mice currently love this)

Tunes almost there
  • Capt Angus L MacDonald
  • Leaving Barra (ha, ha, ha)
  • Lochanside (remember this? It seems to go well with the Highland Brigade...)
  • Over the Cabot Trail
  • Troy's Wedding (A and B I have, C is nearly there, D part needs some work)

Tunes I am actively learning
  • Alick C McGregor
  • The Shetland Fiddler

I'm surprised to see that, checking over the tunes I've recorded, the only tunes on my play list  haven't done are Atholl (which I recorded about a million times on the previous blog and lost), Castle Dangerous. Shetland Fiddler and Leaving Barra (which is odd - I could have sworn I had done that one).

I feel I need some more new tunes to learn....

No comments:

Post a Comment