Wednesday 28 January 2015

More notes from the tune clinic

It's odd how differently different tunes progress. McIntyre's Farewell and Capt Angus I thought were dead and turn out to be alive and well and rather thinking of getting together, which is great. My only reservation is that I think they may feel more comfortable on A. When did I last fire up the A chanter? Don't even ask...

The Cabot Trail is needing more work on grace notes: a common complaint. Miss G is currently the pester tune: she wants to be played after absolutely every other tune I play.

Some tunes arrive and very quickly are ready for release into the wild. Others seem to spend endless months suffering from false starts and relapses. some recover, some languish as chronic patients, and some die off....

Still, I'm playing a lot at the moment and, dead and dying tunes not withstanding, I'm loving every minute of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment