Monday 26 January 2015

The reel thing

Now I've got the right dots everything is falling into place. I've been humming Alick C today: first time ever. Getting a decent speed up, too. Work needed on speed (getting faster, being fast and in control, keeping the speed even), on grace notes, and on the C part where I am struggling with timing in a couple of bars. Am going to work on the A and B, maybe get those by heart before I start on the C and D.

The fan suggests a new sort of challenge: that I set myself to learn a new tune between now and the next session. Not sure I'm up to this. I wouldn't be happy about taking a single tune, with no companion. I would need to find a tune, and decent dots. I think maybe if it was a march I might manage it, maybe if I played it a lot. Maybe. I'm so conscious of the tunes (Dragon, Rocks, Troy, Cudgel. Highlanders, Braemar, to name but a few) that I've pegged away at for so long and never got to be happy with. I don't chose tunes: they chose me. Still, it's an idea I haven't totally rejected...

No comments:

Post a Comment