Sunday 8 June 2014

Gatecrashers

I missed playing yesterday. We had guests for the weekend and I spent what little morning there was before they arrived making dessert for the evening, making up the bed, cleaning the bathroom etc, and ran out of time to play.

This evening I started with the Pickle and the Cudgel: both coming on nicely. Still with the dots but feeling they are just there for decoration at this point. After that I played five in a row: Magersfontein, Dargai, Bee, Flett...and I've forgotten which else.

The I played something familiar that was in my head. I though perhaps it was Murray, so tried and failed for the B part of that. Played the A part of Murray instead. Ran into the Barren Rocks by accident at the end and on to the B part f that. Back to Murray and on again to the mystery tune, which turned out to be the Dragon. None perfect,  but clearly they are all floating around despite my decision to drop them. And clearly they seem to work together, if only by association.

Then the Captain, McIntyre's Farewell, the King, the Cabot Trail (but maybe this was my fifth tune?), Troy, Coggeshall Fair (one of the two tunes written for us), Amazing Grace. A bit of foot tapping, intermittently: some of it distracted me as I followed my foot rather than the tune.

All in D, though. droneless. I must work with drones, with A. I must record.

No comments:

Post a Comment