Monday 23 June 2014

Lost and found

The fan is back. I've retrieved the first part of the Cudgel, and the dots.

I lost two more days of my month. On Saturday I kept waiting for phone updates from the fan , stranded in Basel awaiting a replacement plane. On Sunday I was just too darned tired.

Today as I went through dots to find the Pickle, Cudgel, Troy, Whaling and Braemar I came across the Shetland Fiddler, Alick C and the Snuff Wife and wondered about giving them another go, but (wisely, hopefully) I stuck to what I had.

I still don't really have Troy, after all this time. The bits that work well fly from my fingers, but then I stumble over a grace and the edifice crumbles. I had the Whaling Song, but keep conflating the B part with that of the Cabot Trail. The fan tells me this means I don't really know the Whaling Song. I've listened to it again and introduced some snaps which I hope will differentiate it in my mind from the Trail. Braemar  is tricky on timing.

Played for fun this evening: Magersfontein, Bee, Flett and Dargai.

No comments:

Post a Comment