Thursday 5 June 2014

Out of the woodwork

After the recent reappearance of Teribus and the Barren Rocks this week I've found myself playing Captain wotsit: the second, long abandoned, half of the Nova Scotia set. As I played the A part I assumed I'd crash out at the end of the second repeat, having no idea at all how the B part went. The mice knew.

Not getting to play for very long each day this week. It's been a bit chaotic, delayed by traffic a couple of days, a hair appointment one day, when I resorted to chanter practice only. But it's going OK, and I'm feeling relaxed about my piping, am enjoying it. I'm pleased with the quality of my gracing: I'm really getting some of those blips and chirrups instead of clunky notes. I could still do with more grace notes, more speed, more accuracy.

In other news I found (via the Session) this interesting website on Scottish music, I have two courgettes growing at the plot and about half the world's ant population on the artichokes, and I broke my ipod! I love my ipod: it allows me to remove the dross from Radio 4 and listen only to the best bits, and I really miss it. I've had to order a replacement....

No comments:

Post a Comment