Saturday 9 February 2013

Compliments for Morag

I've cheated a bit today as my playing amounted to three tunes at the Forester's Arms. I began with the Eagle's Whistle in the hope that some people might join in. The fan did, and I was able to focus on his fingers. Went three times round, still need work on the B part.

Later I tried the good old Rowan Tree - just the once round as it went so well I didn't want to push my luck. Someone asked what manner of beast Morag was, and said she sounded lovely. I think people played around me, but all I could hear was my own drones, which sounded lovely and mellow. Odd, the acoustics of playing with other people in pubs.

At one stage Rusty Gully was played and I got itchy thinking that it's a tune I could play if I knew it as Mr McInnes plays it - but I don't even know what key it was in.

Later still I played My Home Town. The fan asked what I was going to play. I said I was starting with a D throw and therefore couldn't be sure whether I'd get Home Town or Teribus. He played along.

Tunes went well, mostly, lots of friendly and generous applause, my hands shook like billyo. And on the way out someone said how nice it was that I'd brought my lovely pipes. They mean you, Morag - yes they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment