Monday 25 February 2013

Person from Porlock

Phew. I very nearly broke my pledge this evening. I didn't stagger in from work until nearly 7pm, then there was dinner to cook and eat, and afterwards I felt tired, but I started anyway. Heights (which I listened to a couple of times while I was cooking, which definitely helped the first couple of parts - timing on the last part to work on), the King, the Banks, Galloway. I was just hitting that point where I am relaxed and everything feels good, and then the phone rang...

I went back to the pipes afterwards for five minutes, and the fan decided to join in. I'm almost OK enough to play along with, apparently - just my rubbish timing to contend with. I need to go back to dots to refresh my memory: I think in some cases my "which note next?" pauses have become part of the furniture, which isn't right.

So this was day 25. Only three more days and I'm released from my pledge, but actually, I've been thinking that I enjoy playing every day, even if it's not for long, and it hasn't been that difficult to find the time, so maybe I will try to continue. Maybe I won't play every single day, and perhaps I won't play for very long but I think I'll try it. (Wait until the evenings are light and the allotment calls and I might think differently...!)

No comments:

Post a Comment