Friday 22 February 2013

Galloway set

I'm still trying to play Bonnie Galloway as a set with Teribus. My fingers prefer to follow Galloway with Castle Dangerous, but the fan says the tunes are too alike to work together. Teribus would be fine except, rather like the Rocks, my fingers keep running away and messing it up. This was the best of a bad bunch. Still - I'm getting there - towards my wish to play, by heart, a tune twice through followed by another tune twice through. But how long it takes! I've supposedly known Bonnie Galloway since October and was learning Teribus at the end of November - that's three months ago - still with dots, and thinking about this pairing then, and all this time later I'm still not there. (OK - I've just re-listened to the November Teribus and I'm definitely playing a lot faster and sounding more confident.)

Bonnie Galloway is OK, though. I like the space where there is a G and then a D and then back to a G grace, and I always remember to play that middle D and never accidentally play G, which is good. At the end of the first phrase is F double E, only I often play double F E. Not sure that my speed is consistent enough, either.

Fingers still nicely relaxed - tapping down cleanly for strikes, just stroking the chanter for the high A doubling, barely there for single grace notes. A little tense on my right thumb, but nothing drastic today.


Check this out on Chirbit

No comments:

Post a Comment