Sunday 12 January 2014

Give me a break

I thought I'd take time out from new tunes and the A this evening. Picked the pipes, wasn't sure which chanter was in, put the two together and decided D was in, rested hands very comfortably on chanter, pumped, pressed down on bellows...and realised I had A.

Still, A felt comfortable, so I played the Tree, Galloway, the Farewell, Flett and the Whaling Song, which all went fine, although the triple As in the Song were a bit sticky. Then I shifted across to D, played the Barry Shears set, Bee, Magersfontein, Home Town, and the Whaling Song again. Bee and Magersfontein still both a little unpredictable, but on the whole it was all good.

Felt a little fickle, though: A was so mellow and when I switched to D it felt a little harsh, a little thin.

(I wrote this on the 10th January and thought I had posted it, but found it this evening in my drafts...)

No comments:

Post a Comment