Friday 17 January 2014

Still pegging away

This evening went like this.

(1) Play Dargai over and over, determined to have it properly by heart. Just about get there and then decide to increase grace notes used. Practically have to relearn tune to do so. After 20 minutes move to next tune.

(2) Play Gaelic Club over and over, at a slow and stately pace, but with all extra selected grace notes. Manage to pick up a bit of speed and decide to move on.

(3) Murray. Play over and over, checking grace notes. (Despite everything I said yesterday I find it difficult to tell which grace notes I am playing where: I have to be fast and concentrating hard to catch myself at it. And that's just spotting whether or not I am playing a grace note at all: which grace I am playing is a whole other ball game).

(4) Fling in the Dragon just for fun.

(5) Play Dargai, again. With grace notes. Slowly.

(6) Switch to D and play Flett, Home Town and Loch Bee.

I wish I felt I was making progress. I thought I was learning tunes faster, but this batch - and I've abandoned half the tunes - it taking ages. And why am I still working on grace notes like a total beginner? At least my hands continue comfortable on the A: I'm back to being relaxed with A. Some progress,  I suppose.

I also make progress in terms of blogging: I've past my 300th blog post this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment