Sunday 26 January 2014

Insert a caret

It's always easier to do something right. Unpicking knitting is harder than knitting. Sticking in extra grace notes after you've got the tune is a real uphill struggle. I need the dots again, I need to slow right down...and as soon as I move way from the dots I speed up and all those carefully inserted notes vanish.

I'm sticking with A, loving its deep resonance. I'm playing McIntyre's Farewell a lot. Some of the tunes I started the month with are coming on, some fell by the wayside.

I don't feel as though I've been playing much, oddly. All but two days this week - I think that's all but two days this month, plus about a week before January began. I ought to have recorded: I meant to try once a week. I suppose I don't feel I am making enough progress, but then how can I tell if I don't record so I can listen and compare...

No comments:

Post a Comment